St. Paddy’s Day is a cultural and religious celebration held annually on March 17th in honor of Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. Here in the US, we think more about the Fighting Irish, Guinness, Shamrocks, Leprechauns and Parades, all while wearing green!
To celebrate St. Paddy’s Day, Keira and I made shamrock krispies. This recipe is incredibly simple even for non-bakers: You only need three ingredients: butter, Rice Krispies and marshmallows. Don’t forget the shamrock cookie cutter! We dipped some of the shamrocks in green chocolate.
Rice Krispie Treats
Recipe by Kelloggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray
- Press shamrock cookie cutter to make shamrock krispies
May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.”––Irish Blessing