Be kind and rewind. No one expected quarantine to last as long as it has. Health and wellness goals should be a priority, but they are hard to keep on track these days. We partnered with ProLon, a Fast Mimicking Diet to kickstart some new healthy habits. It wasn’t easy but we feel great and are excited to share the results with you.
You’ve probably heard the words Quarantine 15, and it took you right back to the dreaded Freshman 15. By developing healthy habits, you can say goodbye Quarantine 15 and hello new you. The ProLon fast offers many benefits of a fast without giving up food altogether. ProLon meals arrive in 5 small boxes that include energy bars, soups, snacks, drinks, and supplements. ProLon recommends no intense activity during the fast. We had forgo outdoor runs and high intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts and focus on walks and yoga.
We’ve tried the low-carb and keto diets as well as intermittent fasting in the past. ProLon, created by Valter Longo, PhD, director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California, consists of a 800-1100 calorie blend of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and nutrients. ProLon foods nourish the body and promote metabolic, cellular rejuvenation. This program tricks the body into thinking it’s fasting. Foods include dried soup blends, nut and cocoa bars, olives, kale crackers, supplements, herbal teas, L drink and a water bottle.
Day 1: Fasting State
- The body transitions into a fasting & fat-burning state and begins cellular clean-up
- Transition day with more food than the rest of the program
- Breakfast includes an L-Bar and tea
- You can squeeze lemon for additional flavor
- Lunch and dinner include soup and more tea
- It was harder to achieve our daily move goals without intense cardio and HIIT
Day 2: Fat Burning State
- The body switches to a fat-burning state and cellular clean-up begins
- Less food than Day 1, and about the same for days 3-5
- L drink added – a liquid energy drink that we mix with water and sip throughout the day
- Lunch includes soup and olives. We added some salt, pepper and fresh herbs
- Dinner is more soup
Day 3: Ketosis State
- The body typically reaches a fat burning state of ketosis and more cellular cleanup
- We continue to sip the L drink throughout the day
Day 4: Cellular Rejuvenation State
- More cellular cleanup and fat-burning
- Our body started getting use to the lower calorie meal, but we were definitely hungry
Day 5: Renewal State
- We couldn’t wait to complete Day 5 and started thinking about our meals for Day 6
- This program encouraged us to maintain healthy habits while reintroducing some of our regular foods back into our diet
- We were excited to get run and get back into HIIT
How Much Does the ProLon Diet Cost?
The ProLon fast costs $250 for a five-day kit and includes a consultation with a coach. ProLon recommends the fast once a month for the first three months and then twice a year. You can save with a monthly subscription or 3 box bundle. It’s pricy, but we lost 3 pounds in a short time and said good bye to some bad habits. Can you DIY this fast? It’s pretty hard to DIY and think about the time you would need to spend trying to recreate this well researched and developed kit.
So let’s all say goodbye to quarantine pounds and hello to a healthy new you. We are definitely focused on health and wellness and will continue to share our tips with you.
Small daily improvements are the key to long-term staggering results.Anonymous