What a one-derful time to be one! Last month, we photographed Sofia’s milestone birthday. Birthday photoshoots can be easily taken at home. All you need is a color palette, balloon, birthday hat, cupcake (or cake) and a birthday dress (or outfit). We recommend shooting near a window to get as much natural light into the shots. We are excited to share this photoshoot with you.
1. Color Palette: We recommend coordinating the decor with the birthday outfits. We selected bubblegum pink and metallic gold.
2. Balloon: We filled a large gold number one balloon with helium. Pro-tip- don’t forget to tie the balloon with a balloon weight.
3. Party Hat: We paired the balloon with a pink and gold birthday hat.
4. Party Dress: We dressed Sofia in a bubblegum pink dress from Rufflebutts. Our niece, Keira also has this dress and loves it. We knew Sofia would enjoying wearing it too. We placed Sofia on the floor and let her free play.
5. Cupcake or Cake: Next we sang happy birthday and placed a cupcake in front of Sofia. She knew exactly what to do next.
Sofia loved her first birthday cupcake. You could also buy a cake from a bakery or bake your own from scratch. Since this was a quick, last minute photoshoot, we decided on a vanilla cupcake with vanilla buttercream.
The cupcake was delicious.
We snapped an adorable family picture with the birthday balloon. To get this shot yourself, you’ll need a tripod and a remote trigger. Thank you Ira and Taher for sharing Sofia’s one-derful birthday with us.
You may still be tiny and small, but you have stolen the hearts of one and all.