Don’t worry, be hoppy. This year, we are celebrating Easter brunch during coronavirus in New Jersey without the rest of our family. Even though it’s just the two of us, we decided to make some whimsical Easter Bunny waffles. Of course, we shared them via Facetime with Dylan and Keira, who said we should mail the waffles to them. Remember to keep social distancing enjoy this Easter brunch during coronavirus.
Recipes for Easter Brunch During Coronavirus
Baking from scratch may sound daunting, but it’s actually quite easy. For this recipe, all you need is a waffle maker, flour, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, eggs, baking powder, almond milk (or your milk of choice) and salt.
I said a hip hop and let’s start cooking. We cracked the eggs and whisked them real good into the almond milk.
If you have a Stand Mixer, start combining the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt using the bunny and carrot measuring spoons. Pour the wet ingredients and mix. After thoroughly mixing, add the melted butter and vanilla and gently mix again.
Pour the batter into the waffle maker and let the magic happen.
You’ll need two waffles to assemble the bunny face and ears. Then decorate with berries, bananas and carrots.
How to Style an Easter Brunch During Coronavirus
Since we couldn’t go to our florist, we decided to make some paper flowers with our Cricut. If you’ve never made paper flowers, make them at least day early because they are tricky for newbies. We placed our yellow daffodils arrangement inside a cylinder vase.
We decorated the table with blue and green spring linens from Williams Sonoma, plates from Villeroy and Boch and egg place cards from Williams Sonoma.
We were having a good hare day and set our Easter waffles on the table.
Everybunny needs somebunny sometime. So let’s raise a glass and toast to Easter. Hopefully we can celebrate with the rest of our family soon.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk milk and eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a stand mixer.
- Pour over flour mixture, and mix.
- Then add butter.
- Cook waffles until deep brown and crisp (we used 2 ice cream scoops of batter). Waffle will cook in 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use 1 waffle to make the face of the bunny.
- Slice another waffle in half to make the ears. Place the ears slightly under the face.
- Slice strawberries for ears.
- Slice banana for the cheeks.
- Use blueberries for eyes.
- Use raspberry for nose.
- Slice long thin carrots for whiskers.
- Use strawberry for mouth.
Easter is very important to me, it’s a second chance.Reba McEntire