Mom, I love you more than ice cream. Today, let’s take a mom-ent to celebrate Mom. We typically celebrate the holiday with our mother, sister and the rest of our family. This year, social distancing makes Mother’s Day different. We made stuffed French Toast and home-made Mother’s Day cards for our mother. We are excited to share it with you.
We usually craft and cook with Dylan and Keira to celebrate our mother and older sister, Shruthi. Last year, we styled a beautiful pink Mother’s Day with our entire family. This year, our parents came over for the first time since we’ve been social distancing. It was great to share a meal with them even though we couldn’t give them a hug.
If you are quarantining with Mom or she’s part of your social distancing circle, then you have the luxury of hosting her in person. Whisk her a Happy Mother’s Day with this delicious Stuffed French Toast recipe.
A stylish tablescape begins with beautiful linens. We decorated the table with blue and white floral linens. We added green dinner plates, which complemented the linens. We couldn’t go to our florist so we made paper flowers with our Cricut Joy.
The star of our brunch was our stuffed French Toast, served with maple syrup and fresh berries. The rich cream cheese filling and the egg mixture were a great combination. You butter believe it was delicious.
Don’t fret if you can’t be with your mother or grandmother on Mother’s Day. You can make her a personalized card like we did with our Cricut Joy and mail it. You can also check out the virtual options below to still spend time and celebrate the women in your life.
- Virtual Brunch – style a brunch, order food for mom and organize a Zoom call
- Virtual Dinner Party – order a meal kit from SunBasket or another meal delivery kit and cook with mom virtually over Zoom
- Virtual Happy Hour – set up a wine tasting, order wine for mom with Drizly and set up a Zoom call
- Virtual Home Movie Party – pop some popcorn, pick a movie and watch it simultaneously with mom on Netflix, Amazon, Apple+, Disney+, On-Demand or Hulu
- Virtual Classes – select a cooking, photography, fitness, entertainment or other type of class and watch it together
Bon Appétit and celebrate this mom-entus day with a fabulous brunch.
All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.Abraham Lincoln
Stuffed French Toast
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 10 Slices Brioche
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Confectionary Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Cups of Strawberries
- 1 Cup of Black Berries
- 1 Cup of Raspberries
- 1 Lemon
- Maple Syrup
- Combine eggs, half & half, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a bowl and whisk
- Cut strawberries into thin slices
- In a small bowl beat together cream cheese, confectionary sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute
- Slice brioche and take two slices of bread and spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture onto each piece of bread keeping clear of the edges.
- Layer strawberries in a single layer on one piece of bread and place the other piece of bread on top
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- Dip each “sandwich” in egg mixture until fully coated
- Transfer French toast to the hot, nonstick pan and cook each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until each golden brown
- Serve warm with powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh berries and lemon slices