Chefs, batter up because we are making apple banana muffins with our favorite new kitchen companion, the Prepdeck. We live in NYC where counter space is limited. With the Prepdeck, we can slice, grate or chop our ingredients and have them prepped for cooking or baking. So grab some apples, ripe bananas and your Prepdeck and let’s start baking.
Prepdeck is an all-in-one kitchen tool with a cutting board, 15 storage containers, a garbage compartment and a side drawer for a mandolin, juicer and grater. The cutting board is detachable for easy cleaning and when you aren’t using the Prepdeck, you can fold up the cutting board and transform the Prepdeck into a beautiful contained marble box. There’s also a stand for a tablet or mobile device.
Gather all of the ingredients, and let’s start baking! Pour the brown rice flour, sugar and almond milk into the containers and add spices and flavorings to measuring spoons or Prepdeck’s measuring cups.
Next peel the apples and then chop it like it’s hot!
Slice the bananas and use a fork to mash them. Just have fun and go bananas.
We lined the muffin tin with colorful spring cupcake liners.
Now let’s start mixing because this recipe is so a-peeling. Cream the softened butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy and then pour the almond milk.
Crack the eggs with an egg cracker and whisk it, whisk it real good. Then add it to the wet ingredients.
Next we poured the vanilla extract.
We combined the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg) and then slowly poured it into the stand mixer. We mixed the ingredients for a few minutes and used a spatula to ensure even mixing.
We added the diced apples and mashed bananas and mixed all the ingredients together in the Stand Mixer.
Next we used an ice cream scoop to put the batter into the cupcake liners.
We baked the apple banana muffins for about 20 minutes and then removed them from the oven. Our kitchen smelled like cinnamon, spice and everything nice.
Muffin compares to you, apple banana muffins!
We let the cupcakes cool on a cooling rack. After they were cool, we topped them with sliced bananas or apple and sprinkled them with confectionary sugar.
Making these muffins with the Prepdeck was a breeze. If you like to cook, then you need a Prepdeck. It’s available in a variety of colors and finishes and helps you prep your meals or desserts. We can wait to try to bake with Dylan and Keira using our Prepdeck.
Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy.Mary Berry
Apple Banana Muffins
- 2 Apples Peeled, Cored and Finely Diced
- 1 Cup Ripe Mashed Bananas about 3
- 1 ¼ cups White Sugar
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Eggs at Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Line 22 muffin cups with paper liners
- Peel, core and dice apples
- Slice bananas and use a fork to mash them
- Use a Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer to cream the butter and sugar until it has a light and fluffy texture
- Add 2 eggs one at a time, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 cup almond milk
- Combine 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl
- Add in the flour mixture and mix
- Fold in the 2 diced apples and 1 cup of mashed bananas
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups about half-way
- Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes