I don’t know about you, but I LOVED Oreos as a child. Last year, I came across an Oreo cheesecake recipe from Handle The Heat that elevated this childhood favorite of mine into a DECADENT adult treat. The combination of Oreo and cream cheese is PERFECT. I love the texture of the crushed Oreo bits with the creamy, sweet cream cheese. The surprise Oreo cookie on the bottom adds the perfect crunch too. Trust me, even you don’t like Oreos or cheesecake, you will LOVE this recipe.
Some Baked by Archana Tips:
- 275°F is the correct temperature. You want to bake these in a cooler oven to avoid having overbaked or cracked cupcakes.
- Allow eggs, cream cheese and sour cream to come to room temperature before baking.
- Use paper liners. They make baking and cleanup much easier.
- It’s best to chill the cupcakes overnight.
- Since these cupcakes are made with cream cheese, they need to be stored in the refrigerator (and not just an airtight container).
- These cupcakes tend to sink in the middle so I added a mini Oreo as decor, which made them look prettier.
“People are like oreos…The good stuff is on the inside.”––Anonymous
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
Adapted from Handle the Heat
Yield: 30 regular cupcakes
- 42 Oreo Cookies, 30 Whole, 12 Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Pounds (4 8-ounce packages) Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- 30 Mini Oreo Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 275°F
- Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners
- Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined cup
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the sugar and beat until combined
- Beat in the vanilla then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined
- Beat in the sour cream and salt
- Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies
- Divide the batter among the cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top with an ice cream scoop
- Bake until the filling is set, about 22 minutes
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely inside the muffin tins
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving Check out Oreo’s Play With Oreo campaign. Kanchana had lots of fun creating her Oreo character. You can create yours here.
Shop This Post
Stand Mixer: Kitchen Aid Tilt Head; Kitchen Aid Bowl Lift (we prefer the bowl lift model, but it’s more expensive)
Bakeware Set: Calphalon 10-Piece; Calphalon 5-Piece
Cupcake Carrier: Wilton (includes cupcake and mini-cupcake pans)
This site uses referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
I’m with you; I LOVE Oreos. Then and still do! So you best believe I’m going to be trying these out and soon! Thank you so much for sharing!
I’m not the only one who is obsessed with Oreos. I cannot wait to try these out.
Love Oreos, and I’m so excited to try these cheesecake cupcakes!
I absolutely love Oreos. This sounds like the perfect treat. Thanks for sharing!
Oh wow. You had me at oreos. I will have to make these for our Galentines event coming up. They will surely be a hit.
I also love Oreos! These look amazing. I love how easy they look to make. I need to try this recipe out soon.
These are adorable! I think I’ll make them for my Galentine’s Day party!
Woah, these look awesome! My kids would go nuts over these.
It is really cool idea! We love sweets and oreos. I`ll try your recipe this weekend
Who doesn’t love Oreos??? This is a great recipe and looks super easy!
I love Oreos. Can’t wait to try this.
OMG! These looks delicious and yes, I love oreos! Would love to try this. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Hihi….you spoke me directly, with the title of your blog! I have always loved Oreos! Thank you for their recipe.
2 of my kids love Oreos. These sound perfect for them. The good thing is my daughter is learning to bake so she’ll love giving these a go.
OH my husband loves oreos! This would be his thing for sure!
I don’t know what to say… I love oreos and I am going to try them out pretty soon.
I love oreos and I would definitely love these. I would try it out.