Ghostest with the mostess. Halloween is right around the corner. If you aren’t prepared, don’t fret. We conjured up the best spooky Halloween cheese board idea for you. This Halloween cheese board is the perfect appetizer for a Halloween dinner party. It’s easy to put together, feeds up to 8 ghouls and best of all very little baking involved. We are excited to share this Halloween cheese board with you.
Halloween Cheese Board: Ingredients
An eerie-sistible appetizer. A Halloween cheese board is an easy way to get festive with food without having to spend all day in the kitchen. This treat is a spooky twist on the classic cheese board. Simply add cheese, meats, pita, bread, fruit, crackers, candy, dips, nuts and more. There no right or wrong way to create a Halloween Cheese Board.
Halloween Cheese Board: The Cheese
The star of a Halloween Cheese Board is the cheese. We recommend cheeses with different color, texture and flavor profiles. Goat cheese and sliced cheese are great when working with Halloween cookie cutters. For this cheese board, we made a Goat Cheese Ghost. This was so easy. We soften the cheese by letting it come to room temperature. Then we used our ghost cookie cutter. Then we refrigerated the ghost and used parchment paper to move the ghost to the cheese board.
Let’s give em pumkin to talk about. Next we used our pumpkin cookie cutter to make Cheddar pumpkins.
Grave mistake. We also made tombstones with Provolone.
Halloween cookie cutters work well with Brie rounds. You can use them to cut out a shape. Alternatively you can slice the top of the Brie round off, use the cookie cutter on just the top of the Brie. Then place the Brie back and fill the cutout with your favorite jam. Other cheese suggestions include: gouda, gruyere, Manchego, Parmesan and / or Gorgonzola.
Halloween Cheese Board: The Fruit
Scary good. Monster bites anyone? Slice some apples, glue mini marshmallows with peanut butter. Viola easy monster bites.
You’re pumpkin-dding me. Peel some clementines and top with a tiny piece of celery for the stem. Boom you have Pumpkin Clementines.
Ghoul Gang. Dip strawberries in white chocolate and use a toothpick to draw faces with melted chocolate. The banana ghosts are even easier. Slice the bananas in half and draw the faces with melted chocolate.
Other Halloween fruit ideas are Blackberry spiders. Just attach some blackberries to spiders. Blueberries, black or purple grapes, plums, figs, raisins, dried cranberries and dried apricots also add a spooky vibe to the Halloween Cheese Board.
Halloween Cheese Board: The Extras
Creep it real. We bought these whimsical coffins and made Black Bean Coffin Brownies. We topped the brownies with mini chocolates.
I put a spell on you. We put the Tzatziki in a Cauldron bowl and served this dip with pita and sliced apples.
Goblin up candy all night. You can’t make a Halloween Cheese Board without Halloween Candy. We bought an assortment of large and mini ghost, pumpkin and black cat chocolates.
Go big or gourd home. Pumpkin Gummies added some pops of color and texture to our cheese board.
Halloween Cheese Board: Tips
- Size: Make it full. Use a smaller cutting board and refill as needed. Avoid using an oversized board and not having enough cheese and accoutrements to fill it up.
- Cheese: variety of color, texture and taste.
- Cookie Cutters: use Halloween cookie cutters with sliced cheese or soft cheeses.
- Add cheese first, then meat, bread, crackers and other larger items (the cauldron and tombstone). Fill in remaining spots with fruit, candy, nuts and spiders.
- Crackers, Bread, Pita: Any type will do. For larger parties, grab a large baguette or two. For smaller parties, just use crackers. Since we were serving Tzatziki, we also served pita.
- Candy: Halloween chocolates and gummies
- Halloween decor: Pumpkins, skeletons, spiders and anything else small and festive.
Halloween Cheese Board: Instructions
This Halloween Cheese Boards gets us into the spooky spirit. Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s make the Halloween Cheese Board. Start by placing the ghost goat cheese in the middle. Then add the other large pieces: blocks of cheese (if you aren’t just using sliced cheese like we did). Next add the Brownies in the Coffin and the Tzatziki in the Cauldron. We added the decorative pumpkins and skeleton. Then we added the pita and crackers. We filled in empty gaps with fruit, nuts and candy.
Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day! There are so many fun ways to DIY Halloween themed foods to add some whimsy to a traditional cheese board. Celebrate October 31, with this easy Halloween Cheese board. Better yet, host your own Halloween dinner party.
Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.Unknown
Halloween Cheese Board
- 6 Oz Goat Cheese
- 3 Sliced Cheddar
- 3 Sliced Provolone
- 16 Oz Strawberries
- 1 Bunch Banana
- 5 Clementines
- 2 Apples
- 1 Oz Hazelnuts
Chocolate and Candy
- 12 Oz White Chocolate
- 1 Oz Milk Chocolate
- Large and Mini Chocolate Halloween Candy
- 5 Oz Pumpkin Gummies
- 6 Oz Tzatziki
- 1 Bag Pita Bread
- 1 Box Crackers
- Black Bean Brownie
- 2 Oz Peanut Butter
- 1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
- Make ghost goat cheese, cheddar pumpkins and Provolone tombstones using Halloween cookie cutters.
- Peel clementines and top with sliced celery for stems.
- Dip strawberries in white chocolate and draw faces with a toothpick melted chocolate.
- Cut bananas in half and draw faces with a toothpick and melted chocolate.
- Slice apples to make monster bites.
- Glue mini marshmallows to apples with peanut butter.
- Start assembling the Halloween cheese board by adding the cheeses.
- Add larger items, cauldron Tzatziki, tombstone brownie (separate recipe) and other Halloween decorations.
- Next add pita and crackers.
- Fill in gaps with fruit, candy and nuts.
This is such a fun platter! I adore everything about it – especially the strawberries and bananas.
You did such an amazing job with this board! I really love the way you decorated the berries and bananas and cut out ghost shapes with the cheese.
Just wow! Everything on your board is made so creatively. I want to make the same for my family.
What an awesome idea! We have friends coming over for Halloween so I’m going to try to put something like this together.
This is so cute, you did an awesome job. I love the strawberry ghosts the most.
Check out this creativity. Awesome idea! I absolutely love it.
Such a fun idea! I’d love to make a cheese board for an adult Halloween party. Can’t go wrong with cheese at a party!
Those look so awesome! The creativity level is so talented and amazing. Perfect for any Halloween party.
Nnniiiccceeeeee…it’s so spooky even from here. I should make this board for the next Halloween! Thanks for sharing about it.
These look so cool inspiration and love how you put them together. I will try to do this with my partner. Thank you for sharing!
WHat a perfect spread for halloween. Thanks for sharing
Wow. Wow. So creative. What a great idea, it looks so fantastic and beautiful. I love it.