Looking to spice things up in the kitchen with a delicious vegetarian dish? Well then, this red curry dish prepared with Mori-Nu Silken Tofu is for you. Tofu is a low-fat ingredient that can be transformed into perfectly seasoned and scrumptious dishes. We are excited to share this flavorful red curry recipe with you.
Mori-Nu Silken Tofu’s unique packaging allows for a long shelf life without preservatives or refrigeration. This low-fat vegetarian protein makes for an excellent alternative to eggs, dairy, and meat. The tofu can be grilled, stir-fried, sautéed, or made into your favorite curry recipe. It is dairy-free, gluten-free and preservative-free. This non-GMO tofu is available in a variety of textures.
We took our favorite red curry chicken recipe and substituted the protein with Mori-Nu Silken Tofu. The final dish was hearty and flavorful, and we didn’t miss the chicken.
Red Curry with Mori-Nu Silken Tofu
- 14 Oz Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger Root
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tbsp Red Chili Paste
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 13.5 Oz Coconut Milk (1 Can)
- 2 Tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Lime – Juice and Zest
- 10 Oz Frozen Peas
- Cilantro for Garnish
- 1 Cup Quinoa or Rice
- Place Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Extra Firm on paper towel.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ginger, shallots, garlic, chili, and cilantro stems, and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and stir in curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, scraping up any curry paste with a spoon. Then add fish sauce, lime zest, and juice.
- Add tofu cubes and snow peas and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and the snow peas are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with quinoa or rice and garnish with cilantro.
We prepared the red curry paste from scratch, but you could save some time by using pre-made curry paste.
Red Curry Paste
- 0.5 Tsp Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 0.5 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Red Chilies
- 2 Tbsp Lemongrass Paste
- 2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Lime (Juice and Zest)
- 6 Scallions – (White and Green)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until a paste forms, scraping sides down as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Red curry paste will keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
This spicy red curry is perfect for winter and cool spring days. You can substitute the peas for your favorite frozen vegetables. If you make the red curry paste from scratch, we recommend using more than 3 tablespoons. We ended up using the entire recipe (just keep adding the paste until you achieve the desired spice level).
We highly recommend you give this easy recipe a try! Let us know what your favorite way to cook tofu is too.
“The mind is like tofu. It tastes like whatever you marinate it in.” ― Sylvia Boorstein