Coachella is one of the biggest music and arts festivals in the world. This festival is held annually in April over two weekends in the Colorado Desert in Indio, California. Don’t worry if you can’t make it out West to the festival. With some Twinspiration, you can host your own fabulous Coachella party. We partnered with Mary Massey of Type Social to bring Coachella east with a Boho Nights theme party at Goldbar.
Goldbar is a stunning 2,500 sq ft space in Nolita, adorned with gold skulls, gold chains, gold ceilings and mock oil paintings. The venue was the perfect location for our Boho Nights party. Coachella mixes Native American and Bohemian vibes with Rock and Indie music. We incorporated these key elements into our decor and music.
We used Splash to create our boho chic invitation. Splash distributes online invitations (think Evite, Paperless Post or Punchbowl), manages contact lists (think MailChimp), sells tickets (think Eventbrite), and creates a page to showcase the postparty photos (think Flickr). You can find our original invitation here.
How to Decorate?
We incorporated a stylish pink, white and gold color palette. We featured iconic elements of Coachella in the decor: florals, teepees, dream catchers, macrame hangings, bull skulls, fresh fruits, soft colors and feathers.
We worked with several brands to bring Coachella east.
- We hung a 4×6 foot pink and white chevron backdrop above the grazing table from Huayiphoto.
- We added a beautiful macrame garland from A Fete Beckons to the backdrop. The garland featured 7 handwoven pennants.
- Red Fern Design created a whimsical boho wooden sign. We spray painted the sign rose gold to coordinate with our color palette.
- James and Rae custom designed a dream catcher in various shades of pink, white, neutrals and floral and feather accents.
- Oodalollie created adorable Boho teepees that not only served as decorations, but also as photo booth props.
- We placed our ONEHOPE Wine in a decorative gold wine bottle holder.
We incorporated bohemian decor on the table.
- We added a natural, handcrafted macrame table runner from Nona and Co. Each panel of the runner was hand knotted in a unique pattern.
- We also had a fabulous macrame chair cover from Macrame Mama Designs.
- Archana made a lollipop stand with pink, fuchsia and tan ribbon
- We used a cupcake stand and wooden foam slices from Party Wizardz. These rustic platters look so real, but they are made of styrofoam and are perfect for mini desserts.
We displayed cake pops from Sugar Rush Bakery and Brigaderios from Lindy’s Sweet Creations on the wooden slides. Alina’s chocolate cake pops are a piece of chocolate heaven. Brigaderios are Brazilian fudge balls, and the perfect bite of gooey deliciousness. Alina and Lindy customized their sweet treats to coordinate with our pink, white and gold color palette. Archana’s floral chocolate favors rounded out the desserts.
We displayed a large charcuterie platter, which was easy to assemble the day of the party. We created our four foot platter by combining two wooden cutting boards. The food on the grazing board was beautiful so it doubly acted as edible decor. The key to a delicious and beautiful cheese plate is selecting a variety of ingredients with different flavor profiles, colors and textures.
- Brie (3)
- Dill Havarti Cheese (2)
- Gruyere (2)
- Manchego (2)
- Mild Wisconsin Cheddar (2)
- Herbed Goat Cheese (2)
- Bite Size Salami (1)
- Prosciutto (1)
- Peppered Sliced Salami (1)
- Grapes 2 lbs (Purple, Green and Black)
- Strawberries 1 lbs
- Blackberries 1 lb
- Assorted Crackers (Cracked Pepper, Beet and Sweet Potato Crackers)
- French Bread
- Rosemary Sprigs
We purchased Bohemian printables from Creative Market to design our party signs and drink menus. Printables add decorative elements to a party on a budget. We also scattered pink and white chevron and polka dot boxes and filled them with buttery popcorn, caramel popcorn and truffle chips.
What to Drink?
Our bohemian drink menu featured ONEHOPE’s California and Sparkling Rosé and the Boho-tini. The Boho-tini was a spiked lemonade with vodka, ginger, mint and lemonade. Inga from International Garden created our bohemian floral arrangements with mini pink roses, baby’s breath, white snapdragons, pink gems and gold dipped feathers from Jade and Jo. We also placed crisp white votive candles on the bar.
We partnered with ONEHOPE, a Napa vineyard founded by eight friends with a vision to inspire people to indulge and give back to the community. ONEHOPE partners with nonprofits around the world and donates half of its profits to social impact causes. Each bottle of wine is paired with a specific cause and gives the wine drinker an opportunity to see their purchase quantified by the social impact it makes. The Rosé we served supports women and educates them on the risks and symptoms of ovarian cancer. The California Rosé is off-dry and light to medium body, and pairs well with cheese. Their North Coast Sparkling Rosé is a beautiful blend of red and white grapes with notes of watermelon, strawberry and rose petals.
What to Wear?
We suggested guests dress in their Coachella best. Women sported fringe, cropped tops, floral crowns, lace and floral dresses while gentlemen wore vests, furs, handkerchiefs and headpieces. Remind your guests that Coachella fashion is a thing – a BIG thing.
We created our photo booth with balloons and Coachella inspired decor.
- We added gold balloons from Instaballoons. Jason is offering our readers a 10% discount with the code Twinspirational.
- We framed the balloons with a shades of pink Feather Banner from Jade and Jo.
- We hung a beautiful hand woven white Macrame Hanging from Modern Meets Rustic on the backdrop.
- Guests used Oodalollie teepees, dream catchers and cow skulls. Archana created the rest of the props using the Bohemian printables from Creative Market.
Thanks for joining us!
They call us dreamers, but we’re the ones who don’t sleep – anonymous
Loved this party! Capturing the essence of the theme on point as usual!
It was a fantabulous party. Evry lil detail was so upto the mark in regards to theme. We had a great time 🙂
What a beautiful event! Love ALL the boho details!!
What a fun theme! I absolute love a good party- and I even think I might have an outfit or two that fits the boho theme 😉 Thanks for sharing!
What a great party!!! You really know a lot about styling events! I love this!
What a cool party, loving every detail. Just one complain … where was my invitation?
Stunning work! It is clear that you two love what you do! The details are amazing!
give me all the floral crowns!!!! This is adorable, your party planning passion shows through in all you do!
That is such a fun theme, perfect for the season too! All the details are so beautifully put too, next time invite me please 😉
Ahhh I love all things boho! You have such a creative eye for styling events! Lovely details!
Oh my goodness! I would so want to be invited to this party if someone were throwing it nearby. I love the Coachella theme and all of the details came together beautifully!