This week we wanted to tell you about our mouth watering dining experience at Spring and Varick. Executive Chef, John Creger, serves modern American fare using fresh, seasonal and local ingredients. John is also the Executive Chef of Bar d’Eau and Mr. Jones, where we hosted our Rosé All Day and Mad Men parties last year.
Spring & Varick is located in the The Dominick Hotel in Soho. The restaurant opened its doors on November 8, 2017. This 2,800 square foot restaurant accommodates seating for up to 90 with additional private rooms on the mezzanine level. The restaurant replaced Koi, a pan-Asian eatery.
The staff was phenomenal, and we selected a lot of our dishes based on our waiter’s recommendations. We started our meal with a bottle of Taittinger and an amuse-bouche. Next we ordered a variety of apps, including:
- Tuna tartare topped with avocado mousse and a quail egg – our favorite
- Charred octopus with fingerling potatoes
- Beets with pesto ricotta and a beet caramel sauce
- Cauliflower roll-ups with crisp pastry filled with roasted cauliflower and piquillo pepper sauce – our second favorite
For our mains and sides, we selected
- Gooey and decadent four cheese mac & cheese
- Scallops with a creamy parsnip puree and quinoa salad – our favorite
- Grilled chicken breast with truffle and lobster mushrooms
- Special shrimp entree cooked to perfection with a delicious sauce
We concluded our meal with
- S’mores with dark chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, torched marshmallow and graham crackers
- Poached pear with caramelized pecans, dark rum mascarpone and candied ginger
We highly recommend the s’mores, which were served in a smoke-filled vase. This gooey marshmallow chocolate treat tasted like it was fresh off the campfire. Thanks again to the lovely staff at Spring and Varick for a wonderful evening.
There is no sincerer love than the love of food — George Bernard Shaw
OMG those desserts look amazing! I love s’mores and I think it’s so cool that restaurants are elevating them now.
THAT TUNA TAR TAR has me DROOLING LIKE CRAZY!
Ooooh that charred octopus sounds PHENOM!
Looks like a great tasting, well-prepared meal. I’m sure it was a great experience!
It looks like you had a really lovely time. The smores dessert look really delicious too.
This place looks sooooo tasty, I’d LOVE to go here! What a memorable experience for you. The dessert looks way. too. delicious.
The food looks amazing! Love your choice of dessert! 🙂
This meal looked just amazing! All the dishes looked so pretty!
What a wonderful dining experience there! The food looks amazing as well, definitely a place that’s worth going to. Especially since I have a weakness for good food.
This all looks so yummy. Now I need to eat something fun! Thanks for sharing these!!!
All that food lucks delicious! I love going to fancy restaurants and trying upscale food.
Such a nice place to visit and those food looks so delicious and very well presented. I am sure you have a great time and great experience in this place.
Oh my, my appetite for food has been higher this week until I saw this. While I can have someone take care of the wine part, I would also love to have Grilled Chicken and scallops for today’s dinner. Yum!