SBL offers standard hotel style rooms as well as one to four bedroom residences with kitchens, fireplaces, private hot tubs as well as spacious living and dining areas. During ski season, Silver Baron offers a complimentary buffet breakfast. With a full kitchen, you can cook up your own feast.

Silver Baron also provides on-site concierge, bell service and complimentary Internet. Guests can enjoy the beautiful outdoor pool with water slide and two jacuzzis all year round. During the winter, the pool is heated.

At Silver Baron, you don’t need to rent a car. A shuttle bus transports guests to the base of Deer Valley mountain. On nice days, you can even walk to the base of the mountain. SBL also offers complimentary in-town shuttle service, provided by Cadillac. Guests can take the shuttle to Park City’s historic Main Street, where they can experience shopping, dining and nightlife.

Breakfast at Silver Baron during ski season is served from 7AM – 10AM and includes make your own waffles, bagels, danishes, pastries and an assortment of cereals, granola, fresh fruit, cheese and yogurt. We recommend starting your day early because the snow is typically the best in the morning.

Source: Deer Valley Resort

We skied twice this season: a twin trip in January and a family trip in March. In January we started as Advanced Beginners. After two days of ski lessons, we turned into Intermediate skiers and conquered several blues.

After 3:00pm, Silver Baron serves hot chocolate and cookies daily in the lobby.

Children and adults can also make s’mores. Dylan was very excited to roast marshmallows and make s’mores for the family.

During our March trip, Silver Baron hosted Après Ski festivities. We enjoyed wine and light apps while chatting with other guests.

As native New Yorkers, we are huge foodies. Deer Valley has its own incredible food scene. We listed below our recommendations at some local favorites:

Lunch

Dinner

Grocery Stores

We also went to Park City Mountain for a horse drawn sleigh ride and western dinner with Snowed Inn Sleigh Company. The weather didn’t cooperate on the evening of our ride so we highly recommend checking the weather forecast before making reservations. After the 15 minute ride, we arrived at a rustic lodge. We sipped on warm apple cider while a country singer belted some Western classics. We feasted on a 3 course dinner while the kids enjoyed their mac and cheese dinners.

Alterra Mountain Co purchased Deer Valley Resort in 2017.  Alterra’s portfolio includes 12 resorts — four in California, two in Colorado, one in Vermont, West Virginia, Quebec, Ontario and Utah, as well as a heli-skiing operation in British Columbia. Alterra recently announced the Ikon pass, which includes access to 26 destinations. This is an alternative to Deer Valley’s Season Pass (but you only get 7 days at Deer Valley with the Ikon pass).

We recently enjoyed our ski adventures in Deer Valley. You can check out our other visits to Deer Valley here: Spring and July 4th.

“Money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy a lift pass.” – Anonymous

16 Comments

1. April 23, 2018 / 12:35 am

The lodging look really stunning, both inside and outdoor. I am sure you and your family have a great time. I would love to try the sledge down the slope.

2. Elizabeth O
    April 23, 2018 / 9:54 am

I was totally sold with the hot chocolate and cookie station! This place looks amazing, what great views and fantastic looking lodges. I hope you have a wonderful stay.

3. April 23, 2018 / 3:12 pm

The place looks absolutely amazing, and personally I loved skiing. Sitting in a hot jacuzzi tub after a day of skiing is paradise!

4. April 23, 2018 / 5:18 pm

Oh how fun…it looks like you had a blast. This is definitely a place worth visiting

5. April 23, 2018 / 5:53 pm

That looks so nice. It has a beautiful view and you get to so many things there. I know my family would love to go there for a holiday. Will have to keep this in mind.

6. Jeff Thompson
    April 23, 2018 / 7:15 pm

Wow, I’ve never skied dear valley but after seeing this post it looks incredible! I want to go there next year!

7. April 23, 2018 / 7:44 pm

Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM. And I’m not just talking about the food. The whole experience looks delicious–from the views, to the decor, to the singer/ songwriter cozying up the mood. Would love to join in next year. Looks like the perfect way to do winter right.

8. April 23, 2018 / 9:02 pm

Looks like a simply amazing place to stay, love your pics. SO hope to go on a holiday like this one day!

9. April 24, 2018 / 4:42 am

You totally nailed the list of restaurants! They are so amazing. How they packed so much goodness into that tiny little town is beyond me! I’m so glad you like our state. It’s fun for locals to head up for a staycation at the lodges too.

10. April 24, 2018 / 2:50 pm

The lodge looks really good, the room, the view, ambiance, and the decor of the place is beautiful. The food looks great too, I will have to check this one for a family time out. I am glad you had an amazing time.

11. April 24, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Beautiful! This looks like a great place to stay and go skiing. The food looks so tasty too!

12. April 25, 2018 / 3:27 am

What a lovely place to stay! Looks like you had a blast!!

13. April 25, 2018 / 3:34 am

Such a wonderful looking place! I love the pictures, It feels like I went there myself. I’d love to visit sometime. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

14. Robert W
    April 26, 2018 / 10:16 pm

Stayed at SBL for a week in January 2017 in a 1BR residence. Simply the best ski week I’ve ever had! Hope to return. Agree with everything written.

15. Regine L.
    April 27, 2018 / 3:29 pm

What a great place to stay! It looks so fancy. The view is beautiful and the services are good. It looks like you’ve had a lot of fun. I want to try skiing.