New year, healthier me. Every January, we start the year off right with a dry January. We also limit gluten and processed sugar. With self quarantine, the holidays and limited gym access, it’s easy to pack on the pounds. We partnered with ProLon, a Fast Mimicking Diet to kickstart some new healthy habits for 2021. We are excited to share ProLon’s Fast Mimicking Diet with you.
What is ProLon’s Fast Mimicking Diet?
As you may recall, we initially partnered with ProLon in the summer. This 5-day fast mimicking diet is challenging but it helped us kick our cravings for alcohol, sugar and gluten. As an added benefit we each lost about three pounds in the summer. ProLon offers several benefits of a fast without giving up food altogether. ProLon arrives in 5 small boxes that include a mix of energy bars, soups, snacks, drinks and supplements. The company recommends no intense activity during the fast.
What Types of Food and Drinks are Included in ProLon’s Fast Mimicking Diet?
We’ve tried the low-carb and keto diets as well as intermittent fasting in the past. The ProLon fast consists of 800-1100 calorie blend of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and nutrients. ProLon foods nourish the body and promote metabolic, cellular rejuvenation. This program tricks the body into thinking it’s fasting. Foods include dried soup blends, nut and cocoa bars, olives, kale crackers, supplements, herbal teas and the L drink plus a water bottle.
Day 1: Fasting State
- The body enters a fasting & fat-burning state and begins cellular clean-up
- Larger quantity of food versus the rest of the program (consider it a transition day)
- Breakfast includes an L-Bar, Tea and Algal Oil
- Lunch includes Butternut Squash Soup, NR-1, Kale Crackers and Olives
- Snack includes another L-Bar and Tea
- Dinner includes Black Bean Soup and a Choco Crisp bar for dessert
Day 2: Fat Burning State
- The body switches to a fat-burning state and begins cellular clean-up
- Less food than Day 1, and about the same for days 3-5
- L drink added – a liquid energy drink that is mixed with water and sipped throughout the day
- Lunch includes Tomato Soup, NR-1 and Olives. We added some salt, pepper and fresh herbs to the soup
- Dinner is Butternut Squash and Quinoa Soup and a Choco Crisp bar
Day 3: Ketosis State
- The body usually reaches a fat burning state of ketosis and more cellular cleanup
- We drank lots of tea and sipped the L drink throughout the day
- This was the hardest day for us
Day 4: Cellular Rejuvenation State
- More cellular cleanup and fat-burning occurs
- Our bodies adjusted to the lower calorie meals, but we were definitely hungry
- We skied for a few hours this day (ProLon recommends no intense activity).
Day 5: Renewal State
- We couldn’t wait to complete Day 5 and started thinking about our meals for Day 6
- This program encouraged us to maintain healthy habits while reintroducing some of our regular foods back into our diet
- We continued our no alcohol, sugar and gluten the rest of the month
How Much Does the ProLon Fast Mimicking Diet Cost?
ProLon‘s Fast Mimicking Diet costs $250 for a five-day kit. The program includes a consultation with a ProLon coach. ProLon recommends the fast once a month for the first three months and then twice a year. You can save with a monthly subscription or 3 box bundle. It’s not cheap, but we lost 3 pounds the first time around and 5 pounds this time. Can you replicate this fast on your own? It’s pretty hard to DIY. Also think about the time you would need to spend trying to recreate this well researched and developed kit. So let’s all say goodbye to 2020 weight gain and hello to a healthier you in 2021. We are definitely focused on health and wellness and will continue to share our tips with you. We are also working on a giveaway with ProLon. Follow our Instagram to enter.
Small daily improvements are the key to long-term staggering results.Anonymous