It’s a party in the U.S.A. Just because we are social distancing and staying at home doesn’t mean we can’t party like it’s 1776! We styled a beautiful Americana tablescape with lots of red, white and blue. We are excited to share our evening of patriotic fun and July 4th party ideas with you.
How to Decorate for July 4th?
The Fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays. Our decorations featured lots of red, white and blue and lots of gingham. We set the table with a red and white tablecloth and matching napkins.
Next we layered red salad plates on blue dinner plates .
Our floral centerpiece featured crisp white roses with two American flags for some festive flair..
What Wine to Serve for July 4th?
We paired our meal with Flora Wines Soliloquy.
How to Make Red, White and Blue Foods?
We created a star spangled cheeseboard to pair with the wine. Don’t worry, we didn’t get star spangled hammered!
Our first course was a summer salad with fresh spinach, creamy goat cheese, ripe strawberries and nutty walnuts.
This colorful salad is perfect for July 4th.
July 4th is all about red, white and barbecue. We grilled homemade lamb burgers. The key to this burger is using a cookie cutter to make stars out of the pepper jack cheese. Next we placed the star spangled burgers on buttery, rich brioche buns.
These burgers were scrumptious.
For dessert we added a red, white and blue flair to a mango cream cheese parfait we made a few weeks ago. What’s great about this no bake cheesecake is that you can make it the day of and it doesn’t need to set overnight in the refrigerator like a traditional cheesecake. We used a layer of crushed graham crackers, then cream cheese mixture, then sliced strawberries, another layer of cream cheese and topped with blueberry sauce and graham cracker crumbs.
What Dessert to Make?
We the party people say you can safely celebrate with a social distancing dinner party. We had an amazing time sipping on liber-tea (and by tea, we mean wine). Try these July 4th party ideas for your next Memorial Day, July 4th or Labor Day.
Strawberry and Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstach
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package of graham crackers crushed
- Whisk the heavy cream to soft peaks in a Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer. Add in the powdered sugar and cream cheese and beat slowly until incorporated. Use a small ice cream scoop to cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Cook the blueberries with lemon juice and sugar on the stove on medium heat. Make a cornstach slurry with cornstarch and water and add to the blueberry sauce.
- Add vanilla extract and salt to blueberry sauce.
- Crush graham cracker and divide into the bottom of four martini glasses.
- Pipe the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Slice strawberries and place them along the glass upright and fill the middle with additional strawberries.
- Pipe more cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe the blueberry sauce and sprinkle additional graham crackers.
- Add strawberry slice as a garnish.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, one nation evermore!Oliver Wendell Holmes